Keeping it simple doesn't mean losing out on great features. With a variety of ways to avoid the monthly service charge, Simply Checking is the perfect fit for those who use their checking account a lot and don't want to worry about maintaining high balances.
|Minimum to open
|Monthly service charge
|Balance needed to waive monthly service charge
|$1,000 average monthly collected balance1
$5,000 average monthly combined balance
|Other ways to waive monthly service charge
|10 debit card purchases per month
Monthly direct deposit
Student (12-24 years) or 65 years or greater
|Monthly paper statement fee
Waived with electronic statement enrollment,
as well as for students (12-24 years) or 65 years or greater
|No overdraft fees2
No deposit item returned fees (when a check you deposit is returned)
No redeposit fees (when you re-deposit a check that was previously returned)
Up to $12 domestic ATM surcharge refunds
$10 discount on 1st order of checks at account opening
FREE online & mobile banking with bill pay and mobile deposit
FREE instant-issue contactless MasterCard debit card
- FREE identity theft monitoring with enrollment
- FREE card alerts with enrollment
FREE overdraft transfers
FREE notary services
FREE incoming wires
Bank On, led by national nonprofit organization the Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund (CFE Fund), works to ensure everyone has access to a safe, affordable transactional banking account. The National Bank On Certification Seal certifies that American Riviera Bank has met all the requirements and is actively working to expand access to safe and affordable banking in the communities we serve. We are proud to offer a Bank On account to our community!
Link your accounts to take advantage of our combined balance option!
The term "combined balance," when determining criteria to avoid the monthly service charge, means the average monthly collected balance of your Simply Checking account together with the average monthly combined balances3 of your other American Riviera Bank personal deposit accounts.
Your Simply Checking account is not automatically linked to your eligible American Riviera Bank personal deposit accounts. If you would like to link your eligible personal deposit accounts to avoid the monthly service charge with combined balances, please notify us at account opening.
1. The average monthly collected balance is calculated by adding the collected principal in the account for each day of the month and dividing that figure by the number of days in the month.
2. Repeat overdrafts may result in the checking account being closed. We offer an optional overdraft service (Overdraft Transfer) to help you avoid overdrawing your checking account. You can link an eligible account to your checking account and we will use the available funds in the linked account to authorize or pay your transactions if you do not have enough money in your checking account. Overdraft Transfer is free and can be added or removed at any time. Refer to your account disclosure for more information.
3. The combined average monthly balance is determined on the statement date of the Simply Checking account.
American Riviera Bank knows and cares about our customers.