Thinking of purchasing or renovating commercial real estate or purchasing long-term equipment to grow or expand your business? Our team of experts actively partner with local Certified Development Companies (“CDC’s”) to offer financing under the SBA’s 504 Loan Program. A typical 504 project is structured with fifty percent of the project costs provided through an American Riviera Bank loan. Forty percent of the project costs are financed with a fixed-rate debenture secured with a junior lien from a CDC.
- Financing for projects up to $10 million, subject to credit approval, including acceptable collateral. An American Riviera Bank expert will work with you to put together financing for a $10 million project, with the Bank providing a $5 million first mortgage with a SBA 504 debenture of $4 million.
- Low down payment. In most cases, you are required to inject just 10 percent of the total project cost, which includes renovations and soft costs.
- Fixed rate on the SBA 504 portion. You don't have to worry about a variable rate that increases the loan payments on the CDC portion of your loan.
- Flexible terms.
American Riviera Bank offers 20- and 25-year terms on the Bank portion of the loan, with capped variable interest rates.
Eligible SBA 504 Financing¶
- Purchasing land and buildings
- Building expansion and remodeling
- New construction
- Purchasing long-term machinery and equipment with a useful life of at least 10 years
- Soft costs relating to the loan, such as architectural and legal fees or costs for appraisals and environmental studies
Refinancing is also available on a limited basis, including interest and fees on the construction and/or interim bank financing. Financing for other needs such as working capital, inventory, debt consolidation or refinancing are eligible through a separate SBA 7(a) Loan Guaranty Program.
What do I need to apply?¶
- 3 years business federal tax returns
- Current Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Business Debt Schedule to match Balance Sheet (we can provide you with a spreadsheet)
- 3 years personal federal tax returns
- Personal Financial Statement
- Copy of business lease
- Purchase Agreement
Reach out to one of our SBA experts for more information on application requirements.